In the event of an accident please:
- ✓ Avoid confrontation at all costs to minimize any possible conflict
- ✓ Take photos or sketch the scene of the accident
- ✓ Do not move vehicle if anyone has been injured.
- ✓ Ensure that the injured parties seek medical attention.
- ✓ If vehicles are moved, their positions should be clearly marked.
- ✓ Do not accept liability/responsibility for the accident or request any other(s) to do same.
- ✓ Exchange information with the other driver(s)- Drivers’ permit, insurance, telephone contact.
- ✓ Report the accident to the nearest Police station within 24hours (accompanied by the third party where possible).
Any accident or occurrence that is likely to result in a claim should be reported to Bankers Insurance Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited as soon as possible.
For General Insurance Claims:
Report the claim to our claims department at our Head office, South or North branch.